Forest Stewardship Council® Policy
The directors, management and staff of B-Loony Ltd recognise that business leadership carries a responsibility to the environment and the world’s forests.
The adoption of the principles promoted by the Forest Stewardship Council® by B-Loony Ltd demonstrates its commitment to supporting responsible forest management practices that both protect biodiversity and ecosystem integrity.
B-Loony Ltd maintains Chain of Custody requirements in accordance with the FSC® Standards.
The aim of the Chain of Custody is to ensure the unbroken path of responsibly managed timber-based products from the forest to the consumer.
This encompasses all stages of processing, manufacturing, transportation and distribution.
B-Loony Ltd’s Chain of Custody procedures will ensure that FSC® material is fully traceable throughout its supply chain.
It is the policy of B-Loony Ltd not to be directly or indirectly involved in the following activities:
- Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products;
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations;
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations;
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use;
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations;
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, (as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998).
As a company certified by BM Trada (an FSC® Accredited certification body), B-Loony Ltd are able to supply FSC® certificated wood products.
This policy statement has been brought to the attention of the staff of B-Loony Ltd and is available to the public via this website page.